- Provide the opportunity to develop a mentoring relationship that will inspire personal and professional success.
- Provide students with growth and developmental opportunities.
- Allow faculty and staff to play a key role in the development of students beyond the classroom.
- Assist students in finding, understanding and utilizing campus resources.
- Aid in retention and persistence of racially underrepresented students at Mississippi State University.
- Fosters intentional and meaningful relationships between faculty/staff and students.
- Sensitize more faculty and staff to important issues that minority students experience on the campus.
- Time Frame - One Academic Calendar Year
- Target Audience - Underrepresented sophomore and transfer students.
- Mentee/Mentor Training offered online & face-to-face. Must be completed prior to first meeting.
- Each Mentee (student) will be assigned to One Mentor (Faculty/Staff Member).
- Mentees must connect with Mentors once per month to remain eligible.
- Responsibilities of Mentor listed below.