Creating Your Student Organization
Follow the steps below to create a new student organization:
- Log into Cowbell Connect by going to www.cowbellconnect.msstate.edu..
- Log in with your netID and password, and then locate the “Organizations” option at the top of your community’s homepage. This will bring you to the directory of organizations that are registered in your community.
- Next, click the “Register New Organization” button. Click the blue "Register a New Organization” button and choose student organization.
- Now you will fill out some basic organization information, as well as upload your constitution and a roster.
- After completing this online process, you will be notified when your advisor and the Center for Student Activities approves, denies, or re-opens your request. You can also view the status of your request under your personal “Requests” page.
New Organizations will be considered by the University Organizations Committee. The committee typically meets the third week of each month during the academic year. You will be notified of whether you’ve been approved by email.
A new organization is required to have:
- 6 members on the roster
- You must have an advisor who is Faculty/Staff at Mississippi State University
- You must have a constitution (Student Organization Sample Constitution)
- Each organization must have officers/executive board
Re-registering Your Student Organization
Each organization is required to re-register their organization each academic year. Re-registration must be completed by September 30th. Re-registration will open July 15th each.
- Re-registration can be completed by going to the "Organizations" tab on Cowbell Connect.
- Under “Re-registrations” search for your respective organization and complete the re-registration process including the C.L.A.S.S. Workshop form.