Many students who interact with the center consider it to be a “home away from home."
Through its many programs and services, the Holmes cultural Diversity Center strives to:
- Encourage, through sensitivity training and programming, the development of a climate in which all cultures, especially minority and international students, are appreciated as valued members of the campus community
- Increase minority and international student enrollment and retention at Mississippi State by assisting the university’s student recruitment and retention efforts
- Encourage and assist minority and international students with their academic, career aspirations and social adjustments to college life
- Serve as a liaison between minority students, international students, the faculty, and administration
- Promote the positive image that all cultures contribute to university life
- Make the college experience a productive and successful endeavor for all students